Are you a limited license social worker or recent graduate looking for supervision towards your full license? You're in the right spot!
I am dedicated to making your supervision experience meaningful and worthwhile. You have worked incredibly hard to get where you are today, and that dedication should be met with nothing but the best supervision possible. Supervision should be inspiring, motivating, helpful, and fun! It should also challenge you and help you grow as a professional.
I have been a social worker in Kalamazoo for more than a decade and I can attribute good supervision to much of my success. I earned my BSW from Western Michigan University in 2006 with a secondary major in Gender and Women's Studies. I completed my MSW at Michigan State University in 2010. I have completed the NASW-Michigan’s Certification in Core Supervision and am fully licensed in the state of Michigan.
Help manage high-risk cases safely and effectively
Teach specific interventions and techniques to improve quality of client care
Encourage adherence with your professional code of conduct and improve ethical behavior
Help you manage stress
Improve your job satisfaction
Advocacy for self and clients
Evaluation of programs/policies
Understanding of legislative policy and impact on social work and client systems
1) Email me your resume and cover letter.
2) Check with you employer about using outside supervision. Ask if they are willing to help pay a portion or all of your supervision.
3) I will contact you to schedule an brief interview. This will give us both an opportunity to make sure we want to work together.
4) Complete forms and supervision contract.
5) Schedule our first meeting and a regular time for supervision for the duration of your contract.
My office located at 1104 S Westnedge Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008 inside Firehouse Fitness and Wellness in the Vine Neighborhood. Video or phone sessions may be available to reduce transportation, as allowed by licensing rules.
$50 per session. Group rates and sliding scale available to recent graduates.